Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Preparation

During the summer of 2012 I plan to do as following: do my two favorite sports, motocross and swimming, work, and volunteer. My school requires 50 hours of volunteer work to graduate. Obviously this is to plan for college and make the application look just a little bit better. I have read some other blogs and the most popular thing that goes around when these bloggers do "Q&A" is that veterinary hospitals do not accept volunteers because of the insurance risk. My mother told me that she found a hospital that is willingly accepting volunteers and it would be a great experience for me. Unfortunately, I am already enrolled in a volunteer program at the local hospital this summer. Thinking ahead, I will do the veterinary volunteer work next year. This way, if I ever decide to become a doctor instead of a vet, I have some experience because of both professions. My current school offers many classes for preparation to college. This summer, sometime in June, I am going to tour the NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine. This is because they have an open house for any future applicants and I am definitely excited! This profession will take some hard work, but with my dedication I am sure of being able to succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment